IT’S NOW TIME TO TAKE ACTION. BE WISE, BE PROACTIVE AND SMILE.
AN INSIGHT INTO THE BASIC NEEDS FOR MAINTAINING YOUR BUSINESS AFLOAT DURING THIS UNFORSEEN OUTBREAK AND BEYOND.
Our world is continuously changing and as we are its guest, we must always create a vision and change accordingly, moving forward, so that we are prepared for any eventuality that might just crop up, unexpectedly, in turn maintaining our status. We, being human are simply creatures of habits, therefore feeling comfortable in a ‘’RUT’’ enjoying our harvest from what we sowed yesterday, sowing on the same soil continuously, without enriching the same soil that is now becoming tired, not giving you the ‘’cream of the crop’’. Remember that you have to aerate and treat that soil continuously. The same process should apply in our own lives and in our businesses.
What worked yesterday, doesn’t necessarily work today, hence we have to innovate if we want to keep the standard. To have eyesight is one thing, but to have vision is another? Unfortunately the majority, simply have eyesight and not a vision and this is how we get caught out when an unforeseen situation arises. Whether you are an individual or a business person, entrepreneur or just a business owner, you should adhere to the following if you want to hold yourself or your business afloat during this pandemic and further.
Now is the time for all folk to THINK CAREFULLY not to just OVER THINK. Listening and thinking puts you into a state of CONFIDENCE, while hearing and over thinking puts you into a state of LIMBO. Take time to go through things you never thought you’d go through, only then will you be taken to places you thought you’d never get to.
Here we go!
- ADAPT THE SERVICES THAT YOUR BUSINESS OFFERS TO ACCOMMODATE THE CURRENT SITUATION. In other words, IF THE MOUNTAIN DOESN’T COME TO MOHAMMAD, THEN MOHAMMAD MUST GO TO THE MOUNTAIN. This simply means the patrons were going to your restaurant for a meal, now that they can’t come out, the restaurant must go to the customer.
- MARKET YOUR SOLUTION ADOPTED MOVING FORWARD, UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES. Make sure that everyone knows that you are alive, open and ready for business, bearing in mind that things are changing. For example, no more traveling for conferences, all done through video conferencing. Many things are done online or through other remote solutions. In other words prepare yourself for the new world. Reassure all your customers, stakeholders, and the general public that you are taking strategic measures continually, even administering new resolutions. In other words build that trust, as people are very wary of ‘’one night stands’’, if I may use this term.
- IDENTIFY ALL THE POSSIBLE CHALLENGES THAT YOU OR YOUR BUSINESS MIGHT FACE. You have to strategize and plan for different, possibly worst scenarios, taking into account things like cash flow and liquidity issues. Get your message to your legislators who hold the key to our economic future. Just simply turn your risk into an opportunity. Even possibly modernizing your technology.
- REVIEW OPERATIONAL RISK ASSESSMENTS. Assess all operational aspects like your factory is compliant in all aspects of the word, especially with the stringent health regulations. Focus on hygiene, safety measures to safeguard humans. Revaluate your cleaning procedures.
- ASSESS YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN. What are your customers requiring from you? Speak to suppliers and find out what they are offering. In these times you can find many ‘’specials’’. Procure the different products or services offered. Barter for that matter. Individuals are very flexible during these tough times. Form chains, for example, relationships that eventually become partnerships.
- CARE FOR YOUR PEOPLE. Keep in touch with them and show them how you understand the impact that this situation is having on them. Provide them with reassurances where possible, on how you plan to support them moving forward. Tell them that we are in for a totally new landscape after the outbreak. Galvanize your most important asset, your staff, by helping them to feel more productive and in turn more valued, by just involving them in the process. Tell them that they are the owners of the business, you just simply an inspector of sort, letting them know that they run the business. It cannot be run alone, without them.
- USE DOWNTIME FOR BETTER PRODUCTIVITY. People must rest, it dramatically improves your mental, physical health, revitalizing your relationships in all aspects of the word. Use that available time efficiently, by properly developing new services, new ideas, and more favourable procedures, that you haven’t previously had time to think about. Make time to look for new opportunities, in turn dissecting them and making them uniquely yours. In other words, get out of that rut.
- USE ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS. Assure them that trust that is possibly eroding away, maybe your customer is not willing to visit your business operation as scheduled, due to the present circumstances. Don’t panic, comfort him by offering him an alternative, for instance, video conferencing, and also send him pre-recorded footage of the full operation, so that he can evaluate it, in turn feeling more comfortable. You have to put in place a firm strategy, remaining adaptable and flexible, in order for your business to overcome the obstacles that could ruin your life.
P.S. IF YOU’VE TRIED, AND IS ONLY SURVIVING, THEN YOU HAVE TO CHANGE, SO THAT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO LIVE. SEIZE EVERY MOMENT AND IMPROVE YOUR APPROACH. SIMPLY CHALLENGE ‘’YOUR STATUS QUO’’